Terms & Conditions
- In these conditions:
- "BUYER" means the person who accepts a quotation of the Seller for the sale of the Goods or whose order for the Goods is accepted by the Seller.
- "GOODS" means the goods (including any instalment of the goods) which the Seller is to supply in accordance with these Conditions.
- "SELLER" means magic kitchens manchester ltd - "CONDITIONS" means the standard terms and conditions of sale set out in the document and (unless the context otherwise requires) includes any special terms and conditions agreed in writing between the Buyer and the Seller.
- "CONTRACT" means the contract for the purchase and sale of the Goods and services.
- "WRITING" includes telex, cable, facsimile transmission and comparable means of communication.
- Any reference in these Conditions to any provision of a statute shall be construed as a reference to that provision as amended re-enacted or extended at the relevant time. 3. The headings in these Conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
2. BASIS OF THE SALE
- The Seller shall sell and the Buyer shall purchase the Goods in accordance with any written quotation of the Seller which is accepted by the Buyer, or any written or verbal order of the Buyer which is accepted by the Seller, subject in either case to these Conditions, which shall govern the Contract to the exclusion of, any other terms and conditions subject to which any such quotation is accepted or purported to be accepted or any such order is made or purported to be made, by the Buyer.
- No variation to these Conditions shall be binding unless agreed in Writing between an authorised representative of the Buyer and any director of the Seller.
- The Seller"s employees or agents are not authorised to make any representations concerning the Goods unless confirmed by any director of the Seller in Writing. In entering into the Contract the Buyer acknowledges that it does not rely on, and waives any claim for breach of, any such representation which are not so confirmed.
- Any advice or recommendation given by the Seller or its employees or agents to the Buyer or its employees or agents as to the storage, application or use of the Goods which is not confirmed in Writing by any director of the Seller is followed or acted upon entirely at the Buyer"s own risk, and accordingly the Seller shall not be liable for any such advice or recommendation which is not so confirmed
- Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other document or information issued by the Seller shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of the Seller.
3. ORDERS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- No order submitted by the Buyer shall be deemed to be accepted by the Seller unless and until confirmed by the Seller"s authorised representative.
- The Buyer shall be responsible to the Seller for ensuring the accuracy of the terms of any order (including any applicable specification) submitted by the Buyer, and for giving the Seller any necessary information relating to the Goods within a sufficient time to enable the Seller to perform the Contract in accordance with its terms.
- The quantity, quality and description of and any specification for the Goods shall be those set out in the Seller"s quotation (if accepted by the Buyer) or the Buyer"s order (if accepted by the Seller).
- No order which had been accepted by the Seller and on terms that the Buyer except with the agreement in full against all loss (including loss of profit), costs, (including the cost of all labour and materials used), damages, charges and expenses incurred by the Seller as a result of cancellation.
4. PRICE OF GOODS
- The price of the Goods shall be at the Seller"s quoted price. All prices quoted are valid for 15 days only or until earlier acceptance by the Buyer, after which time they may be altered by the Seller without giving notice to the Buyer.
- The Seller reserves the right, by giving notice to the Buyer at any time before delivery, to increase the price of the Goods to reflect any increase in the cost to the Seller which is due to any factor beyond the control of the Seller (such as, without limitation, any foreign exchange fluctuation, currency regulation, alteration of duties, significant increases in the cost of labour, materials or other cost of manufacture), any change in delivery dates, quantities or specifications for the Goods which is requested by the Buyer, or any delay caused by any instructions of the Buyer or failure of the Buyer to give the Seller adequate information or instructions.
- Unless otherwise agreed between the Buyer and the Seller, all prices are given by the Seller on an ex works basis, and where the Seller agrees to deliver the Goods otherwise than at the Seller"s premises, the Buyer shall be liable to pay the Seller"s charges for transport, packaging and insurance.
- The price is exclusive of any applicable value added tax, which the Buyer shall be additionally liable to pay to the Seller.
5. TERMS OF THE PAYMENT
- Subject to any special terms agreed in Writing between the Buyer and the Seller, the Seller shall be entitled to invoice the Buyer for the price of the Goods on or at any time after the delivery of the Goods, unless the Goods are to be collected by the Buyer or the Buyer wrongfully fails to take delivery of the Goods, in which event the Seller shall be entitled to invoice the Buyer for the price at any time after the Seller has notified the Buyer that the Goods are ready for collection or (as the case may be) the Seller has tendered delivery of the Goods.
- The Buyers shall pay the price of the Goods when placing the order.
- Delivery of the Goods shall be made by the Buyer collecting the Goods at the Seller"s premises at any time after the Seller has notified the Buyer that the Goods are ready for collection or, if some other place for delivery is agreed by the Seller, by the Seller delivering the Goods to that place.
- Any dates quoted for delivery of the Goods are approximate only and the Seller shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the Goods howsoever caused. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence unless previously agreed by the Seller in Writing. The goods may be delivered by the Seller in advance of the quoted delivery date upon giving reasonable notice to the Buyer.
7. RISK AND PROPERTY
- Risk of damage to or loss of good shall pass to Buyer;
- in the case of Goods to be delivered at the Seller"s premises, at the time when the Seller notifies the Buyer that the Goods are available for collection or
- in the case of the Goods to be delivered otherwise than at the Seller"s premises, at the time of delivery or, if the Buyer wrongfully fails to take delivery of the Goods, the time when the Seller has tendered delivery of the Goods.
- Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the Goods, or any other provision of these Conditions, the property in the Goods shall not pass to the Buyer until the Seller has received in cash or cleared funds payment in full of the price of the Goods and all other goods agreed to be sold by the Seller to the Buyer for which payment is then due.
- Until such time as the property in the Goods passes to the Buyer, the Buyer shall hold the Goods (and any products manufactured from them) as the Seller"s fiduciary agent and bailee, and shall keep the Goods and any such products as aforesaid separate from those of the Buyer and third parties and properly stored, protected and insured and identified as the Seller"s property.
- The Seller shall account to the Buyer for the proceeds of sale of products manufactured from the Goods (following receipt of such proceeds by the Seller) to the extent that such proceeds exceed the total amount of monies due and payable by the Buyer to the Seller for any goods supplied by the Seller to the Buyer.
- Until such time as the property in the Goods passes to the Buyer (and provided the Goods are still in existence and have not been resold), the Seller shall be entitled at any time to require the Buyer to deliver up the Goods to the Seller and, if the Buyer fails to do so forthwith, to enter upon any premises of the Buyer or any third party where the Goods are stored and repossess the Goods without any liability on the Seller for any damage to property occasioned thereby. In the event that the exercise by the Seller of the rights conferred by this Clause results in the Seller repossessing Goods for which the Buyer has paid, the Seller may set off against any sums which become due from it on that basis, any sums from the Buyer in respect if other contracts.
- The Buyer shall not be entitled to pledge or in any way charge by way of security for any indebtedness any goods which remain the property of the Seller, but if the Buyer does so all moneys owing by the Buyer to the Seller shall (without prejudice to any other right or remedy of the Seller) forthwith become due and payable.
- The Seller will not accept any liability for damage to any goods that have been part processed or machined by the Buyer in any way.
8. SELLER"S LIABILITY
- Subject as expressly provided in these Conditions, and except where the Goods are sold to a person dealing as a consumer (within the meaning of the Unfair Contact Terms act in 1977) all warranties, conditions or other terms implied by statute or common law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Where the Goods are sold under a consumer transaction (as defined by the Consumer Transactions (Restrictions on Statements) Order 1976) the statutory rights of the Buyer are not affected by these Conditions.
- Subject to Condition 8.4. below, any claim by the Buyer which is based on any defect on the quality or condition of the Goods or their failure to correspond with specification shall (whether or not delivery is refused by the Buyer) be notified to the Seller within 7 days from the date of delivery or (where the defect or failure not apparent on reasonable inspection) within a reasonable time after discovery of the defect or failure. If delivery is not refused, and the Buyer does not notify the Seller accordingly, the Buyer shall not be entitled to reject the Goods and the Seller shall have no liability for such defect or failure, and the Buyer shall be bound to pay the price as if the Goods had been delivered in accordance with the Contract.
- The liability of the Seller for any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods or their failure to correspond with specification is subject to the following conditions:-
- the Seller shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from any specification supplied by the Buyer.
- the Seller shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow the Seller"s instructions (whether oral or in writing), misuse or alteration or repair of the Goods without the Seller"s approval;
- the Seller shall be under no liability of the total price for the Goods has not been paid by the due date for payment;
- such liability does not extend to parts, materials or equipment not manufactured by the Seller, in respect of which the Buyer shall only be entitled to the benefit of any warranty or guarantee as is given by the manufacturer to the Seller.
- Where any valid claim in respect of any of the Goods which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods or their failure to meet specification is notified to the Seller in accordance with these Conditions, the Seller shall be entitled to replace the Goods (or the part in question) free of charge or, at the Seller"s sole discretion, refund to the Buyer the price of the Goods (or a proportionate part of the price), but the Seller shall have no further liability to the Buyer.
- Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by the Seller"s negligence, the Seller shall not be liable to the Buyer by reason of any representation, or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the Contract, for any consequential loss or damage (whether for loss or profit or otherwise), costs, expenses or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (and whether caused by the negligence of the Seller, its employees or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the supply of the Goods or their use or resale by the Buyer, except as expressly provided in these Conditions.
- The Seller shall not be liable to the Buyer or deemed to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of Seller"s obligations in relation to the Goods, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond the Seller"s reasonable control. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the following shall be regarded as causes beyond the Seller"s reasonable control:
- Act of God, explosion, flood, tempest, fire or accident;
- war or threat of war, sabotage, insurrection, civil disturbance or requisition;
- act, restrictions, regulations, bye-laws, prohibitions or measures or any kind on the part of any governmental, parliamentary or local authority;
- import or export regulations or embargoes;
- strikes, lock-outs or other industrial actions or trade disputes (whether involving employees of the Seller or of a third party);
- difficulties in obtaining raw materials, labour, fuel, parts or machinery;
- power failure or breakdown in machinery.
9. INSOLVENCY OF BUYER
- This clause applies if:
- the Buyer - makes any voluntary arrangements with its creditors or becomes the subject of an administration order or (being an individual or firm) becomes bankrupt or (being a company) goes into liquidation (otherwise than for the purpose of amalgamation or reconstruction); or
- an encumbrancer takes possession, or a receiver is appointed, of any of the property or assets of the Buyer, or
- the Buyer ceases, or threatens to cease, to carry on business; or
- the Seller reasonably apprehends that any of the events mentioned above is about to occur in relation to the Buyer and notifies the Buyer accordingly.
- If this clause applies then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Seller, the Seller shall be entitled to cancel the Contract or suspend any further deliveries under the Contract without any liability to the Buyer, and if the Goods have been delivered but not paid for the price shall become immediately due and payable notwithstanding any previous agreement or arrangement to the contrary.
- Any notice required, or permitted to be given by either party to the other under these Conditions shall be in Writing addressed to that other party at its registered office or principal place of business or such other address as may at the relevant time have been notified pursuant to this provision to the party giving the notice.
- No waiver by the Seller of any breach of the Contract by the Buyer shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- If any provision of these Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part of the validity of other provisions in question shall not be affected thereby.
- The Contract shall be governed by the laws of England.
This is small text files that are placed on your machine to help the site provide a better user experience. In general, the cookies are used to retain user preferences, store some information for things like shopping carts, and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics. As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.